Events to find out more about transforming 35 acres of green space
The Southside project will create a space where the community can connect, enjoy activities, eat healthy food and learn new skills. Led by three local organisations, Belmont Wanderers FC, Growing Local and NMITE, this ground-breaking initiative will transform 35 acres of green space south of the river in Hereford. Now you can find out more about their plans by joining a series of events.
The events will showcase the exciting space made available for everyone in the community. It will be a place to relax as well as stay active:
- Football and multi-sports pitches including 3G pitch, additional grass pitches and training courses.
- Market gardens for the local community and schools. Gardening workshops, horticultural training and local vegetable box scheme.
- An affordable cafe and cookery school using fresh produce grown on site.
- A programme of activities for all ages such as gardening, holiday clubs, cooker sessions and sports.
- New jobs and volunteering opportunities.
Discover more at www.thesouthsideproject.org.
Community Information Evening
Tuesday 17 May | 6.30pm – 8pm
Hear about the plans, ask questions and meet the partners at a community information evening at the Kindle Centre.
Walk and Talk Events
Friday 13 May | 11.30am
Wednesday 25 May | 5.45pm
Meet at Belmont pitches car park (HR2 7BF) for a guided tour of the site.
Visit our Stall
Sunday 29 May | 9am – 5pm
Drop in for a chat about the project at Belmont Wanderers Festival.